Application is online only through The Graduate School (Note: Applicants may require several sessions to complete this form. Instructions are included with the application.)
- Deadline for application is December 5th.
- The department code is C35PH for PhD and combined Masters/PhD applicants.
- Admission policies and guidelines from the Graduate School
- Information and support for diversity in students
The following supplemental materials must be submitted in addition to (in some cases, as part of) your online application. For details, see The Graduate School’s instructions.
- Statement of purpose (may not exceed 5,000 characters)
- Minimum of two letters of recommendation, submitted online
- One scanned copy of your transcript from each university you have attended
- Writing Sample (preferably something academic, such as a term paper, honors thesis or something equivalent) limited to 15-20 pages or less
- Your official GRE scores sent by ETS to institution code 1565, the NU Graduate School. ETS will not report GRE scores more than 5 years old. *Please note that official GRE scores are optional in applications for Fall 2021 admission.
- If your native language is not English, you must certify your proficiency in the English language in one of the three following ways:
- Provide official transcripts verifying an undergraduate degree from an accredited four-year institution or equivalent, where the language of instruction is English.
- Provide official transcripts verifying a graduate degree from an accredited institution or equivalent, where the language of instruction is English.
- Scoring 100 total or higher and 26 or higher on the Speak section on the Internet Based TOEFL (IBT) and have ETS send your official scores to institution code 1565 (the NU Graduate School) no older than one year